Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Parents and Friends!


As most of you know, I am a teacher and next to working with the children I have the awesome privilege of being able to get to know their parents! They bless me so very much! They not only entrust me with their children, but are so welcoming and encouraging as well! That means A LOT to me. More than you will ever know! Some of these parents have remained my friends even after their child has graduated out of my classroom. My friend Tina is one of them. She is so loving and gracious and I just love spending time with her and her sweet family! I had her son Matthew a couple of years ago and this year I have her precious daughter Alexis! Now, even though I am a teacher by profession, I am reminded through this simple children's poem of the following:

"An apple for the teacher, is really nothing new. Except when you remember, that parents are teachers too!" Thank you parents for ALL that you do for you are your child's "ULTIMATE" teacher and what would we ever do without our parents!

No comments: