Monday, September 7, 2009

"Labor Day...Flavor Day!"


One of the GREAT things about "Labor Day" is that it's really the last holiday of the summer for you to go out and enjoy the day with your friends and family! I know that there will be LOTS of BBQ's today! I, unfortunately am NOT a cook...that wasn't my gifting! LOL! Paula Deen I am NOT but I can follow a simple recipe and one that intrigued me was a recipe that I got for "Watermelon Salsa!" It is very easy to make and sooooooooo good too! While I can't take credit for it, I did look at various recipes on the web and you can also include other things such as pineapple, peaches and avacado! ( I will admit that I am an avacado fiend!) So here is the recipe to try and ENJOY!

"Watermelon Salsa"

Ingredients:

• ¼ cup lime juice
• 2 tablespoons browns sugar
• 3 cups chopped watermelon (about ½ full sized watermelon)
• ½ cup minced red onion
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• 2 tablespoons minced jalapenos (about ½ jalapeƱo)
• 1/3 cup cilantro
• ½ cucumber
• Salt to taste

Directions:

1. Whisk the lime juice and sugar until sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Toss gently. Refrigerate overnight.

So go out there my friends and turn your "Labor Day" into a "Flavor Day!"

1 comment:

Wayne said...

now that look's so very yummi, I think I may have to try that one.