Sunday, June 7, 2009

More Childhood Memories!

"Aw...the Sweet Memories of Childhood!"

My dear friend Christy, from elementary school has been going through some old photos and came across this sweet birthday photo of her from one of her infamous birthday parties that she always held every year as we were growing up. Now let me be the first to tell you that Christy ALWAYS had the BEST parties and we all couldn't wait to go to her house especially when it came to celebrating her birthday! Her house was always a "hustle and bustle" of fun filled activity! There was always lots of kids, noise, music, animals and of course, there was the swimming pool! Oh how I LOVED it and I not only miss but truly cherish those times together.

Christy also is the granddaughter of Charles J. Correll who was best known for supplying the voice of "Andy Brown" on the long running radio show "Amos 'n' Andy" (1928-1955). Her mother Barbara was his daughter and they were (and still are) such a dear family. Christy's father was a coach and he was my U.S. history teacher when I went to high school and he ranks right up there as being one of my very favorite teachers. It's always fun to go down memory lane and as I get older it makes me realize what truly is the most important thing in life...your friends and family.

In the photo above, Christy is the cutie in the left corner proudly smiling with the birthday cake that her mother made. You can't really see it here but she always made the most gorgeous cakes and Christy has grown up to be quite the cake baker and decorator herself! Watch out Rachel Ray and move over Martha Stewart! LOL I am the one under the yellow arrow and with THAT hairstyle, I look like I could be the long lost daughter of "Squiggy" from the "Laverne and Shirley" television show! :)

No comments: