Monday, April 13, 2009

Separated At Birth...

I'm an only child and I was named after my dad who is named Robert...but goes by the name of Bob. Anyways, we like to spend time lots of time together and usually I will go see my parents once a week for lunch on the weekends OR if my dad wants a haircut. Yes, that is what I said.

Now let me be the FIRST to tell you that I DON'T cut hair but I do cut my dad's hair. I really don't know how this came to be. I think that it came about when they moved to Grass Valley and my dad didn't have a place to go so I volunteered and the rest they say is history! But I think the "REAL" reason why he still has me do it, is because it's FREE!

Now here is a picture of my dad getting his haircut. Notice how I cut it? My technique is the "Traditional Bowl Cut Style" or the "60's Style Beetle Cut!" Anyways, while I was cutting his hair recently, I made the most amazing discovery...check it out and see for yourself...


Why it's none other than the infamous "Captain Kangaroo!" Can you see the resemblance? OMG! I LOVED that show! Remember the magic drawing board that kept us guessing until the picture was almost finished? Remember when it rained ping pong balls? Awww the memories of childhood! Honestly, I think that there is something that their mothers neglected to tell them but the truth is obviously evident for ALL to see!

My father on the other hand, refuses to see the resemblance and thinks that it really isn't ALL that funny! So I will not further embarrass him and post anymore picture of him with the infamous "Captain Kangaroo Do" and I will NO longer call him "Bobby-Roo" or I will risk being disinherited! Not only that, but I do have to show pictorial evidence that while my hair cutting skills are practically nil' they aren't THAT bad either...so here is the END result!

I love you Dad! And if I get more hair cutting offers as a result of THIS post, I have YOU to thank!

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Hey robin, You are so right your dad does look like captain kangaroo.

Great post robin

Holly said...

Hahaha! I've cut my dad's hair in the past too! :P