Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not Me Monday!


Well here we are again at the start of a brand new week and you know what that means...It is time for another fun round of "Not Me Monday" where I tell you about ALL of the things that I did NOT do. Yeah, right!

I did NOT forget my Mother's birthday this week. I mean seriously how could I do such a horrible thing? After all, we celebrate it on the same day every year but this year as I was celebrating sweet little Allyson's birthday who happens to be a student in my classroom, it wasn't until we were in the middle of her blowing out the candle on her cupcake that I realized that I had some serious "explaining to do!"

Then in my attempt to buy my mother a birthday present, I didn't pick up an item from the sale rack at WalMart...NO. NOT ME! Honestly people, this is the woman who gave birth to me and she deserves nothing but the best. But then again, when there is a sale how can one resist? NO. NOT ME!

Well if one didn't think that was bad enough, I lost my debit card after my quick excursion to the WalMart. What...you say? How could I do such a dumb thing as that? I so wish that it was NOT ME but it unfortunately was..."sniff, sniff." Not only that, but when I tried to explain my "designer debit" card that my mother insisted we get together, the manager looked at me like I was insane! I really can't blame him I was insane at that moment...with panic!

Then came the phone calls to the bank and to my mother! Let's just say that my phone call to the bank was much easier and pleasant than the one to my mother was. Yes, I am an adult woman, but after hearing a long lecture about responsibility from my mother, I was made to feel just like one of the five year olds that I teach! Oh how I wish I was five sometimes...it was would a whole lot easier. I didn't just say that now did I? NO. NOT ME!

I also was unable to get a temporary debit card...that's a long story in itself but it resulted in me waiting ALL day Friday for Fed Ex to deliver me a new debit card. As soon as I saw the truck out in front of my house I ran out and thanked the delivery man profusely and then went on a shopping spree! Yes indeed! I NOW had money so to speak and it was burning a hole in my pocket book. "Robin Dana, don't you have ANY self control?" NO. NOT ME! And how was YOUR week?

1 comment:

Jolly Johnstons said...

Wow. I lost my whole wallet at Wal-Mart once. Great Not Me's! Your post brightened my day a bit!