Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tribute Tuesday


My blogger friend Wayne created "Tribute Tuesday" as a way to honor our friends and loved ones who are near and dear to us. The person that I wish to have the very first honor on my blog is my beloved Nana. Her name was Delight and she held true to her name. She always had a twinkle in her eye and quite an ornery streak as well! She loved to sing, dance and play the piano and when she entered a room everybody lit up because they knew that when "Dee Dee" as she was affectionately known as, came around we were all going to be in for a jolly good time!

One of my favorite memories of Nana when I was young, was when she would go out to play bingo with the nuns. Now mind you, we weren't catholic but she said that it didn't matter because she loved God just like they did and not only that, they had great wine as well. Honestly, I think that the wine was supposed to be for communion purposes ONLY but I NEVER did bother to ask. I could go on and on and I know that I will post more stories about her in the future but I also wanted to mention that Nana was a great woman of faith. She had her struggles and endured some very tough times but through it all if she taught me anything of value, it was to learn to forgive myself and others, embrace life and find laughter in everything! Oh yeah, AND don't forget the most important thing..."a little sip of wine will make you feel mighty fine!" I love you Nana so very much and you will always be in my heart forever and always!



I LOVE this picture because I think that it captured her great sense of humor which was a BIG part of who she was. When she took this picture she was trying to be "Oh so hip!"

3 comments:

-stephanie- said...

that's sweet. I love her name. I want to be a Delight!

Jennifer said...

She sounds like a wonderful person. Isn't it amazing how much one person can influence us?! I'm so glad you joined in with Tribute Tuesday.

Wayne said...

Great tribute tuesday robin. nana seems like a great person. I love the picture.