Sunday, October 24, 2010

15 Years of Service

I have been teaching at Capital Christian School for 15 years and was awarded with a plaque and a small gift certificate! We had a little luncheon for me, my fellow teachers and administrators to celebrate the special occasion. As you can probably tell from the lei that I am wearing, we had a Hawaiian theme...seriously you didn't think I would wear that as an accessory now do you? LOL! Also, had I known about the luncheon I would have certainly dressed up for the occasion! Oh well...Anyways, next to me is our new principal, Katie Nelson. I have been friends with Katie when I first taught at CCS and she was a 6th grade teacher at our middle school. She then became a middle school vice principal and then this year was asked to be our principal over in elementary. I can't tell you how thrilled that I am to be working for her and along side her! The woman in the middle is Wanda Hynson, our vice principal and on the far right is my fellow kindergarten teacher and best friend, Vonda Mellott. They were honored for 25 years of service. I am soooooo blessed to be working with such amazing women and gifted teachers and look forward to another 15 years a service at CCS!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So great that you were honored for this achievement. Love the idea of the Hawaiian theme.