Friday, January 16, 2009

Favorite Things Friday!


What are a few of My Favorite Things you say? Well let me tell ya!


1. My Family - That of course is a given but they are ALWAYS there for me and love me faults and all...I'm also very proud of the heritage that they have given me.



My dad is Swedish and my mom is Puerto Rican...I lovingly refer to myself as "Sweder-Rican!"

2. Red Velvet Cupcakes...my VERY favorite indulgence! (I've NEVER met a cupcake that I didn't like!)


3. The story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle...it reminds of 2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things are passed away; behold, new things have come." When I grow up I wanna be a beautiful butterfly!


4. Dandelions because "a weed is a flower that just doesn't know it."


5. Mrs. Beasley - I had a Mrs. Beasley doll when I was young and she is a favorite memory of my childhood. Mrs. Beasley, I think that you still rock! It looks to me like she has had some "plastic surgery!" LOL


6. AND it wouldn't be a "My Favorite Things Friday," if I didn't mention The Sound of Music...Yes, it is one of my very favorite movies...A classic!


2 comments:

Wayne said...

I used to read the very hungry catopillar book when I was young. I remember it had the holes in the pages where he had eaten. At the video store where I work we have the kids cartoon of it aswell. I havn't wathced it but I think its some guy reading the book and showing the pictures. Great blog robin.

Tiffany said...

Great FTF's Robin! Love your Sweder-Rican personality! Superb!