Sunday, November 23, 2008

Why?

I have been in the process of setting up my first blog entry and became ill this weekend when one of my very best friends named Amanda called me to tell me that she has kidney cancer. She is very young, in her early 30's and this news has shaken me to the core. It is hard to understand why these things happen but she said that as long as she knows that the Lord is with her, she will sustain this and I stand in agreement with her and believe that this will happen. I believe that we have a "Mighty God" and that what man says is impossible, that "with God ALL things are possible" for it even says so in his word. It is ironic however, that this is the week of Thanksgiving but my amazing friend said that she doesn't ask God for a list of wants, which would be so very easy to do, but offers nothing but praises to HIM for all that he has given her. Wow...that pretty much so sums it all to me. I am thankful to have such an amazing friend who in her time of great need speaks to me and motivates me to not only be a better person but a better friend, daughter and the person that God wants me to be for His Kingdom Glory...If anybody reads this blog please offer a small prayer for my dear friend. I would be most thankful and may God bless you!

No comments: