Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Busy, Busy, Busy!"

"Yippie skippy!" I have finally made it through the first month of school! Let me tell you, this is ALWAYS a busy time for me and even after ALL these years of teaching, it hasn't gotten any easier. I have taught for 15 years and if you have ever taught, then I bet you can relate! You have to just get in sync as you get acquainted with each little personality, establish a routine which means going over the rules again and again, and saying the same things so many times, that you start to sound like a broken record. You even start to wonder, "are these babies gonna ever catch on?" Then you start to miss some of the kids you had from last year, who of course by the end of the year did get it! So each and every year has its new challenges and getting back into the swing of things takes lots of time, love and patience! With ALL that said and done, can I just say, that I love, love, LOVE my new class. They are just so sweet and well behaved! I keep waiting for the "honeymoon" to be over or for the "the other shoe to drop" but I think that I can safely say that we are in for an amazing year. Even my fellow grade level teachers say that I have the "Dream Class!" I feel like a proud mama and I'm counting my blessings!

We always end our first month of school by having our "Annual Teddy Bear Parade" where we make bear hats and bring our favorite teddy bear to school. It is one of my favorite traditions that we do in kindergarten! Aren't they adorable? I'm am excited to see what this new year will bring and I feel very blessed and privileged to be a teacher! Here's to a GREAT year kids!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Glad the school year is going well, you sure have some cuties in your class!!